Empire State Association of Assisted Living (ESAAL) is a not-for-profit organization that has been dedicated to strengthening New York State’s assisted living network and promoting the best interests of providers and residents since 1979. ESAAL is the only association that exclusively represents the assisted living provider network, serving more than 275 licensed Assisted Living Residences, Adult Homes and Enriched Housing Programs throughout New York State. These member residences are home to more than 23,000 seniors.
ESAAL provides education, governmental and legislative advocacy services for its member assisted living owners, administrators/executive directors and other management personnel. It is widely recognized by government and other stakeholders as the voice for assisted living, and is committed to ensuring access to assisted living for all New Yorker’s that choose it.
ESAAL promotes assisted living for its member providers and their residents by:
- Promoting just and meaningful legislation and regulation;
- Providing education and training for administrators/executive directors and other management personnel;
- Working with governmental and regulatory agencies to obtain maximum benefits for its members and residents;
- Developing proper and effective operational standards for providers;
- Protecting the ethical and legitimate interests of member providers and their residents; and
- Cultivating a greater public awareness of the importance of assisted living in the state’s long term care system.